Wednesday 14 September 2011

More Burnt Fingers and playing

Some photos of the current state of wiring - I think I'm making things more difficult for myself by wiring the layout for DC control with what feels like hundreds of separate sections. This is to allow for operational flexibility but also allowing all sections to be fed so that all switches can be left on to run in DCC mode and allow locos to sit with lights and sound etc as anywhere that is required.


I haven't yet got to the actual wires that will 'throw' the point motors or yet quite made my mind up how to link the separate boards to the control panel. I was thinking the old faithful of computer cables but when comparing the wire diameter with what I'm using for the layout and thinking about using for DCC in the future they don't look up to the job - does anyone know if they are useable or any other good alternatives (board 1 so far has sections A-N plus the point motor 'throw' wires to add in...)


The parcels bay platform track and double slip to allow access to the eventual fish dock platforms has also now gone down along with test fitting of the platform.



As a change from wiring I have been playing with loco and train formations to see if what I had planned actually fitted (bit late on the fitting side but hey..) and also a bit of a chance to see what the shed area looks like with the few buildings already half way finished look like 'plonked' on.

 Hornby L1 and three Bachmann Mk1 Suburban coaches in the bay - just about fit past the point!

Now just playing with locos on shed...







 The track with the Jinty on isn't yet fixed so apologies about the 'joint'


A dirty Immingham B1




No comments:

Post a Comment